Sunday, March 25, 2012

I like him best.

It's nice to be with someone I love so dearly.
I know this may seem like a hand-to-head moment for most of you, but I don't know. I haven't always been with people I was so crazy about and honestly, I think a lot of people aren't. I think sometimes "easy" overrides "best" [or even "good" in some cases]. 

Now I get it though. 
Because now, I can walk through stores and malls and banks and look around at all the fine male prototypes that are out there, take a step back, and be reminded yet again that I really do like him better. I like him better than Robert Downey Jr as Sherlock Holmes [which is tough, as I'm sure you know]. I like him better than the guy at the bank who tries to talk sports with me every time I deposit a check. I like him better than the landscaper trying to get my attention as I walked the little boy I nanny last week. I like him better than your boyfriend [no offense]. I even like him better than fresh raspberries and chocolate cake donuts. 

I'm just saying, we went to a Suns game the other day and there wasn't a single soul there that I would have preferred to be going home with than this boy right here.

His air of caution, his slipper-limp, the way he wears his shirts inside out. There's just no one else that I could be so damn happy with!

I just really, truly like him best!
[And that's just not something that I think everyone, can say.]

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute. Love the photo. Glad you guys are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :) I feel the same way about TJ. Thinking back on all the guys I thought I wanted to be with, none of them felt as good as being with him!

    ReplyDelete