Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Today I Love


Today I love knowing him and I love how he knows me. It's so comforting, the routine we've formed. Last night as I laid my lil' head down to go to sleep Levi, [not breaking custom] grabbed his snack, flipped on world news, leaned up against the back of the bed and watched it quietly as I dozed off. There's something about having that boy there. There's something in the security of lifting my head just before I leave consciousness and knowing before I even open my eyes that I'll see him sitting him sitting there, cup of milk in hand, waiting for my breath to steady and my mind to slow before he heads back to work. There's something in the way I can give him the slightest hint of a face and he knows I'm in desperate need of a kiss or a hug or an "I love you". And there is most definitely, something in the way he's ready and willing to act on whatever my face seems to be portraying at the moment. Today I love the way we work with each other. I love the way we make time for each other. I love the way we understand the things that are important to each other and we make those things important to ourselves too. Today, to put it simply, I just love how he makes me, a "we".

1 comment:

  1. Your writing, paired with your awesome photos, is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete