Thursday, November 8, 2012

The process.

Sometimes my friends ask me what it's like to be my own photographer. 
 And when they do, I tell them that mostly, it's just a lot of trial and error. Levi and I have gotten pretty good at knowing what we want and setting up to be just so...but honestly, that doesn't negate the process. It's still just a lot of attempting, and failing, and attempting again.

For example.

Step one. We just plain fail.
portrait
Then, we laugh at our failure [while trying not to show our utter discomfort].
portrait
Next, we get a little discouraged [andalmostdie].
portrait
And finally - we succeed!
portrait
[...and then we only post that last one on Facebook and you all think we're super-photo-humans and say things like "You two can't take a bad picture." and we laugh inside at our deception and go to sleep with smiles on our sneaky little faces! Bwahahahaha.]

1 comment: