Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Beehive State.

Hey blogging world! How ya been? Good? So glad to hear it!

As usual I do so apologize for the blogging delay. I almost punched out a couple in the last few weeks, but alas. My heart just wasn't in it. And really, who wants to read blogs with no heart to em?

Anyway, we just got back from a beautiful trip to Utah and have stories to share and pictures to run alongside em! We went for Levi's sisters wedding and might I just say...it was BEAUTIFUL. We're talkin' drop dead, out of this world beautiful, and no, I'm not JUST talking about the bride even though she DID completely light up the room with her jittery excitement and gorgeous smile and stunning dress. Oh that dress. Wanna hear the story? Basically, she thought it up and a friend of hers said, "I'll make it for you!" Bam. Done. She whipped it up and sewed Lindsey into it with time to spare. See ya in SINGER101 because I SO need to learn me some skill like that. This is clearly before they were all actually ready for the picture...but it's [unfortunately and stupidly] the only picture I got that shows past their waistlines.
























PS: Take your eyes off the blushing bride for just a [super duper quick] sec and check out that boy to her right. Isn't he dreamy? They all looked so good dressed up together. He has such a good-lookin' family, really.

SO. We stayed at this amazinggg lodge in Deer Valley that her fiancee-now-husband has some [serious] hook-ups to. The view was breath taking.

I won't lie, the photo ops were my favorite part.

The boy pretty much just loved going to sleep and waking up to a nice warm hot tub. Typical.
The next day we hiked up to Doughnut Falls which was also a TON of fun. We couldn't see the actual doughnut unfortunately, since there was so much water, it was all covered up. We didn't let that stop of us from enjoying the beauty around us.


This is what we somehow ended up hiking down. Also known as rock climbing. Only with no gear. We're brilliant. The boy looks SO good in this element. He loves water. I swear we're gonna end up by the beach someday.
Unfortunately most of the pictures the other way around look like this.
Thanks boyfrreeeen. He says he was just being "artsy". So that's what we'll go with. My favorite shot of the day?
The path this water built was just plain gorgeous. We really had a blast and only almost slipped to our death a couple times. Mostly what I'll remember about the day was how completely content I was. Hanging out with my best friend, in the middle of nowhere, it was hard to even want to come back to reality. It was kind of our own little world. And I was kind of okay with it.

Food, however, is always a perfect wake up call. About the time people started mistaking our tummies for bears and running the other direction at the sound of us rounding the corners, we decided it was time to head back. We tried to get by on our road trip snacks. [Veggie crisps from Fresh and Easy, Kettle Cooked Salt and Vinegar Chips, Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews, Triscuits and squirt cheese...] but in the end we needed some real food after a hike like that. We stopped in at a place called Arellas Pizzeria, in Centerville. It was a good call. We ordered our favorite pizza [artichoke hearts, black olives, gorgonzola and pepperonis] and they had it out to us in five minutes.YUM.
We stuffed ourselves and fell into a very sound sleep back at his moms house. When we woke up it was time to head home. However, on the drive - thirty minutes or so before Kanab - we saw a cute little sign on the road advertising "The Mystic River Zipline!" Tell me YOU wouldn't pull off to find out more about something like that! Turns out the zipline wasn't open yet, but fortunately the guy that ran the place also has a couple fish ponds and it was feeding time! He let us help.
We definitely told him we'd be back next year for the zipline. The 750 foot zipline, might I add.

It was a perfect trip, really. I LOVED having time with the boy, to just chat. We talked a little on the way there about how we'll never have "Seattle" again. That first trip, when we just talked, and talked, and talked, and never ran out of new things to say. I was a little sad thinking about how it was once in a lifetime. Then on the way home, about the time he was telling me how a pretty standard day went for him in college, I realized I was wrong. However unrealistic it may seem, I'm pretty sure he and I will never run out of things to say. I'm so glad he's my best friend. I'm so glad we got to spend some time together the last few days. I will never get sick of having him by my side. Thanks for a great vacaaaayyy babaaaayy! Love you more than tornado-powered-hand-dryers and dead tarantulas.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say I love you? Because I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you had an amazing time! You two look good together. :) just sayin...

    ReplyDelete