Monday, April 2, 2012

Knock knock.

Who's there?
This girl right here!
This is me.
Sitting on my long board at the park.
There's a guy across the street working in his garage.
There's a guy practicing his dunk at the basketball courts just a few yards away from the grassy shade I'm sitting in.
Both are watching me find tedious ways of balancing my camera at the end of my fingertips in order to snap this shot.
I should be embarrassed.

But I just don't care!
It's a good feeling, being this me.

Today, I had a flashback to a different me. One who struggles to even look into the eyes of the people around her. I tell you what people, I just don't miss that me!

I suppose I need those moments time and time again, as a reminder. A reminder that I still have things to learn. A reminder that my life is a process. A reminder to appreciate the person I've learned to be. 

Yet another helpful nudge to JUST BE ME!
[Anybody else find that a lot more difficult than those three little words make it sound??]

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love this picture! You are in your element, just doing your thing! And yes, those 3 BIG words, JUST BE ME! are always a little more difficult than you think huh? But keep on keeping on being you, because you are wonderful and have so much to offer! Loving your posts laterly!

    ReplyDelete