Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The luckiest.

This month Levi and I passed up the big two year mark. This means a lot of things. Namely, most importantly, and of course the most obvious of all, is that we've been together for twowholeentireyears and that, is a reallyreallylongtime!

But spending 7hundredand30 days together also brings with it a few slightly less noted reasons to rejoice. For example, after 17thousand5hundredand20 hours holding the title of "girlfriend" to the boy, I now know exactly how he likes his chicken shredded, his eggs cooked, his cheese *not* melted and his chocolate mostly dark. In turn, he knows that I have a weakness for glazed chocolate cake donuts, that I put salt on practically everything, and that I will almost always pay the two bucks for a fresh loaf of french bread from the grocery store. We know each others favorite movies, we know each others favorite songs, I know minimalism makes him happy, and he knows that I clean when I'm upset. We've spent the last 1million51thousand200 seconds just being together. Learning every little detail.

And still.

And still Levi Chell Roberts manages to surprise me with things I never would have expected, even from a boy as perfect [for me] as he. I've been blue the last few days. A couple things have let me down lately and it's taken a bigger toll on me than I had expected. This morning I was really trying to kick myself in the butt and slap on a smile, when fortunately, the boy was one step ahead of me. About an hour after he got home from the gym I wandered into the kitchen and almost completely overlooked the beautiful bouquet of happy summer flowers and the box covered in tissue paper with a big bow drawn on the front in blue Sharpie.

A simple I-Love-You present. That sweetheart got me fresh flowers to display in my kitchen and a body ball - something I've mentioned just one or two times that I wanted.

He must know me better than I know myself because combine that surprise with the awesome AFV that was on this morning and today this girl is back to whistling the happiest of tunes [While working on those washboard abs, of course.]!

THE luckiest girl in the entire world. Two years later and I couldn't adore that boy any more.

1 comment:

  1. AWE! That is so flippin sweet! I love sweet boys like that. I'm pretty lucky too, I almost missed some flowers that Greg got me this morning. You deserve to be happy and I'm so glad you have found someone who thinks so too! You guys are really just too cute!

    ReplyDelete