Thursday, April 26, 2012

Make time to dance alone!


I have this list. It's mostly in my head but you can find some of it jotted in the margins of my journals from time to time. It's a list of things that I'm onehundredpercent positive would make the world a happier place. Things that I would personally guarantee to put more smiles on more faces. Sometimes I think I just might send it to the president - I'm certain it would solve gas prices and marriage laws.

This one particular item on the list is one of the tried and truest of them all!

There is something so inspiring about standing in the middle of an empty park spinning circles in the rain, holding your arms high above your head and waving them free. No rules, no pressure, your own song, beat and tune. The ability to be all you, and only you without a single other care in the world but to make these moves your best ones yet.

It's the chance to prove to yourself that you can handle those lonely moments in life because hey, you just asked yourself to dance, and look. You didn't even say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment