Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My blogging sabbatical.

Yes, I took one. A blogging sabbatical. I took a blogging sabbatical because I was feeling mundane. Mundane and overworked yet bored and frenzied. I took a blogging sabbatical because I didn't want to feel like I ever HAD to post. I wanted to post just because I wanted to. It was a quiet week. Not filled with much. I found a couple Spanish grammar workbooks on the side of the road the other day and I've been pushing myself through those. I also read. A lot. Novelas y periodicals. I slept some, too. Okay, quite a bit. I feel completely caught up in that area - and that, with me, doesn't happen very often. Last but not least, I of course, spent time with Levi Chell. Not doing anything horribly dramatic. We've talked a lot. About our every day lives. He tells me about work, about the stresses in his life, then the things that make him happy and everything he's excited for. If I'm lucky he'll tell me something he loves about me that day. Or he'll remember something from our first days together in this big house and we'll laugh at ourselves and how new everything used to be. Then I'll practice my Spanish on him. Or I'll tell him what the little boy I nanny did that day. I'll dream with him about school and babies and life. Then I might get lost in that boys chiseled face for a moment and when I snap back into reality I'll tell him how lucky I am to be stuck with a such a stud of an almost-thirty-year-old.

The truth is, I've just been living. My life seems to go in cycles. Every time I start to think I've got it all figured out I get to a point where I have to step back, away from it all, with my eyes closed take a deep ten second breath, and start from the beginning again. It's kind of a back-to-basics kind of therapy.

On the other side of it all, I MISS this. You can rest assured that as I push myself back into the swing of living life outside of my little safe zone, this blog will definitely be a part of it. Today I Love's and all the jazz that goes with it.

Ready, set, go.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the blogging sabbatical. I've been feeling pretty uninspired lately. Oh, and thank you for introducing me to JJ Heller. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby! You gotsa come back to the blog real soon. I know you've been hard at learning
    Spanish and reading up on classic novels lately which is so impressive and I'm so super duper proud of you and I definitely don't want you to stop any of that awesomeness but if you get a free minute, just maybe one or two, could you perhaps just possible maybe pretty pretty please blog a little for me sometime soon. :) Pwease? PS... I love you.

    ReplyDelete