Monday, May 23, 2011

One sweet gentle reminder later and she's back in the game!

"Baby! You gotsa come back to the blog real soon. I know you've been hard at learning
Spanish and reading up on classic novels lately which is so impressive and I'm so super duper proud of you and I definitely don't want you to stop any of that awesomeness but if you get a free minute, just maybe one or two, could you perhaps just possible maybe pretty pretty please blog a little for me sometime soon. :) Pwease? PS... I love you."

Says the boy in a comment on my last blog post. Tell me people, how, oh HOW are you supposed to say no to a sweet gentle reminder like that?? I mean, you can only imagine the poor, wide-eyed, quivering-lip sort of face that he made with it. [In fact I was already asleep when he wrote that so I can only even imagine it right along with you, but, I imagine it was pretty heart-wrenching.] Something like the look that Arwen gives Aragorn as he rides out of sight, no doubt. Something like that just can't go ignored.

So what do you think people? Is there room enough in this vast blogging world for me to jump back in? Hmm...what did you miss?

You missed the concrete-ing of the pool! Here's Levi checking it out right after they finished it. It is SO pretty. We are really really excited for them to start making it beautiful this week. Eek eek eek.


You also missed the boy and I trying to set the world record of longest period of time in between grocery shopping trips. I imagine those days the "Today I Love" posts would have gone something like this:

Today I Love: eating cereal for three meals a day. Cutting off a hunk of cheese when I feel like I need some protein. Reading stories of people in prison living off of dried crusts of bread and slop and being jealous. Finding new and improved ways to cook the ever-versatile vegetable....the potato. And accidentally being the discover-er of the most effective diet created to date - the We're Too Lazy To Go To The Grocery Store diet.

Then, after the world record largest shopping trip of both of our lives last night, I would have sounded something like this:

Today I Love: HAVING FOOD!

Let's see, you missed  the almost break-down Levi had when I got my hurr did the other day. Admittedly, it looked real real bad before. I let it grow out for way too long and it had like three different levels of roots showing, the layers were meeting up with each other and having little power-wars all over my head. Not kidding, it was like the middle east up there. So, when I finally went down to get it done, I told my friend Megan I wanted it really different. We added a lot of blonde and made it shorter and summery-er and fun-er. I even stopped by Ulta on the way home and loaded myself up on texturizer and wax and I finally replaced my [God bless it's little heart.] straightener with a nice, reliable CHI-babay. When I got home, Levi came bounding down the stairs and stopped short at the bottom. Trying to make the transition smooth, he walked towards me smiling and said something like, "Wow! So different!" but I'm sure I'm not alone in this world of self-criticizing-women when I say that "different" isn't exactly the compliment we're looking for when we make a change like this. I hurried into the bathroom and started straightening some of the ends out a bit and doing it more how I would probably end up doing it on a day to day basis and he followed me in and quickly answered YES to all my "So do you like it?" type questions. It wasn't until the next couple days passed that I got the actual reason for his hesitance out of him.

Apparently, I look older. Older and wiser I suppose because he finally stopped me in the middle of a game of pool and told me how intimidated he was by me now. He said that this new hair was like a whole new me and he was just hoping that the "New Me" still loves wittle him. How ADORABLE is he? I of course, quickly assured him that underneath it all I was still just Amalie. Amalie who is madly in love with Levi. Since then he's been talking quite a bit more about rings and white dresses and things of that nature so in my humble opinion? New Hair WIN.

You also missed a couple days ago when I was doing the dishes and childishly and girlishly imagining in my head that I had a little toddler running around "helping me put them away" when in my imaginative world the little guy dropped a dish and it broke. I was just imagining how Levi and I would react to this when I dropped a pan myself. I chipped the handle on it and I reacted probably pretty close to how the little toddler in my dreamland would have. "LEVII'MSORRYLEVII'MSORRYLEVII'MSORRY!" he came in and laughed. "It happens baby. Should we risk gluing it back on or just leave it?" "LEVI I'M SORRY LEVI I'M SORRY." Another little laugh. "You can just put it back I don't think we'll worry about it." He put the chip in a drawer, kissed me on the cheek, and went back to what he was doing.

Sigh. My children are going to have such a stellar father.

There's another couple weeks worth of things you missed of course, but in order to not over-load anyone with explosions of love and cute-boy-moves, I'll try to spread them out over the next little while. For today, I'm pretty sure there's no question as to how this post should end. Here's what I love today.


Today I Love: the creator of Skittles [who I sincerely hope get's a fruit basket and a kiss every day of his blessed life]. I love all the fruit that make up the flavors of things like Skittles and Starburst and the like and I love it even more when they're all in season making packs of strawberries at Wal-Mart only 80 whopping cents! [That's not a joke people - I will totally understand if you stop reading right here to go stock up!] I love the things the boy gets excited about like peg boards and having toilet bowl cleaner on hand. I also love that he knows the line between being indulgent and being realistic and he knows that needing to purchase a little Hot Wheels car for us to roll back and forth while playing poker or eating dinner is COMPLETELY realistic and unarguably necessary. I love that he humors me when I speak Spanish to him. I love that he realizes the little moments that are important to me and he takes the time to enjoy them with me. I love that he knows the things that make me happy and that he pushes me to strive for them. I love that I get to spend every day with my best friend.
Dear Levi,
Thanks for the reminder. Love you more than Red Wheat Puffed Cereal, Jicama, and poker-chip Hot Wheels tracks. How about a couple games of pool tonight with a daring and exhilarating reward system?
Love, Me

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. Cute hair! I really need to get my hair done. I even have a gift card to get it done...I just need to make the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are back. I was just about to post how I miss reading about your adorable life! It makes me happy and really excited to get to experience all these fun things too. One day :) But today I'll just smile while I read about yours. :)

    ReplyDelete