Monday, May 30, 2011

Wittle bitty kitty love.

Guess what we did yesterday? I'll give you a hint.
Right? We bought a kitty. I'm not sure if it was the emotional celebratory high we were on from da boi's birday, whether someone slipped us some NZT and we were suddenly thinking of things we never would have thought of before, or whether we just plumb lost our little minds, but we did it. She is a DOLL and so playful and loving and gives little kisses and we adore her.

Now let's talk about our home. We sleep on the floor. In the main living area. We're not only the type of people to dust our baseboards every couple months - at the first sight of a scuff we pull out the white paint and a mini paintbrush and fix all the lines while we're at it. Everything is out of place upstairs, so much so that we have to keep crocheted pool stick covers on the end of our pool sticks to avoid scratches and bumps. We sleep on the floor. In the main living area. We have a big cement hole in our back yard surrounded by a ridiculous assortment of piping and coping and other such construction-type-thingies [official term]. Also we sleep on the floor. In the main living area.

WE DIDN'T THINK THIS ONE THROUGH, PEOPLE.

About two hours into her non-stop meowing and pouncing after we laid down to [try to] sleep last night, we realized this probably wasn't the best spontaneous move we've ever made. It's axiomatic that buying a kitty is near as much of a life-altering-commitment as having a baby and guess what people? We don't have a baby yet, for a reason.

So, tomorrow shall bring the finding of a new happy home for the little one. Somewhere that people will be able to let her roam free and enjoy spending [every waking] moment after moment entertaining her cute little rambunctious self.

In the meantime.

Today I love that cute little lady! I love watching her roll around at my feet while I'm doing the dishes. I love watching Levi cuddle up next to her and play with her so gently. I love that she'll come hunker down right in between our heads while we we're watching TV and watch right along with us. I love that she chases yarn balls and rolling mice toys and fingers. I love having her scurry at my heels while I'm walking from room to room. I love her cute little striped cheeks and her bright blue eyes. And yet, I still mostly just love Levi and I's quiet life together right now and I LOVE that we're equally excited to get back to good ol' us time!

1 comment: