Monday, May 2, 2011

Thinking on love.

Ready for a little peek into my brain?
I've been thinking a lot lately about people. About how we're all in this life together. I've thought about all the people you come in contact with in a lifetime and how they all have their own lives to live through. A friend from across the street stopped by to chat with Levi and I the other night and told us how he just got laid off and was hoping to make it by for his wife and three little kiddos with work from his uncle and father-in-law. I listened to another friend talk to me for half an hour the other day about a brother whose wife and 4 children are [every one of them] dealing with some form of ADD, OCD, or Bi-polar. I've met said brother. Probably one of the most optimistic, genuinely happy people, I've ever come in contact with. Then I heard this song, and fell a little deeper into meditation.

I also watched Eat, Pray, Love recently and - this is where you judge me - I fell in love with people learning to love. I won't claim to be any source of wisdom, I'm no Dante and let's face it, I'm only 21. That being said, I'd like to believe that at this point in my life I have a pretty good understanding of what love can be. Not what love is. I don't actually believe that love "is" any one thing. It means so much to one person and so little to the next. However it can be so much. It can mean so much. I honestly believe that it has the potential to change lives. I've been wishing lately that no one I come in contact with ever feels like they have to ask "what love really is".


It's a tall order.
I'm aware.
But I watch Levi race out to the truck when he hears me pull up because he can't wait till I get inside before hugging me, and I listen to him dream with me and plan with me and talk with me, and I feel him pull me close before I get up in the morning just to wish me a great day and I can't help but think that with all the love that boy fills up muh cup with on a daily basis - there's got to be a way to turn some of it around.

Anyway. This post doesn't have a "wrap up" or a "conclusion". It's just what's been on my mind and what I thought maybe - just maybe - might inspire someone else out there in this cosmic void tonight wondering about love in this life.

Meanwhile. I found this picture on my camera the other day from when the boys were still digging the hole in our yard. I love the boy for capturing the things I don't think of needing capturing.

Their long past this step now. They lined it with steel rods and laid the piping and the electrical. Waitin' on the concrete next. It's such an exciting process to watch! These guys are GOOD at what they do.




I'll talk the boy into another photoshoot soon. I miss having fun pictures to post! Night, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny, well not funny haha, but funny like - connectedness - because I have been having the same thoughts about love all week. What a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If only we could all just love each other instead of wishing he or she would just do this or that. The world needs lovers, not judgers! Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete