Monday, September 19, 2011

Are we dreaming in black and white?

I haven't felt very good for a few days and I'm not yet back to my photo-happy self so today I think I'll just write a little bit. I think I'll just write a little about my life. About the things Levi and I talk about. About the song I'm listening to right now. About living YOUR life. And maybe a little about faith.

I feel like so many people in this world dream in black and white. I did. For a really long time. I still do at times, to be honest. Do you know what I mean by black and white? I mean I feel like a lot of people go their whole lives planning vacations around the weather. I feel like a lot of people throw away every one of the goody trays they get at Christmas. I feel like a lot of people say they "love the beach" but they've never swam in the ocean. [I am so to blame!] I mean when we think about our lives are we just watching the hours go by or are we living in every minute?

[ANECDOTE ALERT]

I was at my grandma's today for a "girls lunch" with my sister and cousin and aunt - all of us that live in the area. Anyway. My grandma had a friend selling chocolate in bulk and we all went around the table signing up for our 5 lbs. of mini chips or kisses or m&m's. It was fun but as I was walking out the door, I changed my mind. I crossed off my order, said, "You know, I think it's probably better if I have to go to the store when I want chocolate chip cookies - makes me think a little longer about it!" and I left. Now that I'm home, and have been of course, taking it easy, I'm wondering...Why? Why not let yourself make cookies when you want em?

There are times when Levi or I will be just a little distracted with something in our lives. Whether it's work, whether it's family, whether it's whatever. Usually we tell each other. Usually with a "BABBBEEE! I NEED SOME 'TENTION!" [Tention=Attention in our household.]. It almost always ends in a tickle fight, or a cuddle fest, or a night out, or something where we can just be together. Where we can remind each other to appreciate the fact that we get to be together. Just to be together. I am SO grateful for this! I am so glad he's there to remind me that life is good, if I ever forget and I'm so glad he's willing to be reminded as well.

I think that's the secret. For me, personally, I believe it's vital - yes, VITAL - to each and every one of us to be surrounded by people in our lives who will give us that reminder. There has to be those people around us that make us want to enjoy the moment. That make us WANT to live every one of those minutes. At least for me, that makes all the difference.

Let's make our lives what we want them to be, yeah? Let's make cookies every time we crave them and soak up the time we get on this earth. Personally, Levi is what fills MY dreams with color. From the first moment I got to share with him. He brightens every shade. He helps me make those minutes count. Every one of them. I love him just for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment