Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today I Love

Hi friends! If you don't yet know what "The Flop" is. Let me explain. Occasionally, Boy has a few really really busy days at work. When this happens, he usually ends up working well into the evening, and eventually, through all of the night. We end up going for a week or so sleeping all day and living all night. When this happens? We call it, The Flop. The lack of natural light makes it uber difficult to blog so I do so apologize for my absence. Should be getting back on track after today!

Today I love the fabulous kitchen we are THIS close to being done with! I know it's all I've talked about for the last few days but we are getting CLOSE and I did some thrifting [and some not-thrifting] today and started gathering the lovelies that I want to incorporate onto counters and centering the table and all that amazing stuff and I'm falling in LOVE. I love love love the fabrics I found to use as wall art, curtains, placemats and so forth. Do you want a peek?
Don't you just love them? I just love them. I mean really, I am IN. LOVE. With the colors. With the patterns. I didn't even mind waiting in line at Joannes for 30 minutes plus in loo of the fabulous Labor Day sales.

I also love getting to visit my sister and her family and I love playing "pretend" with my niece and nephew. "Auntamalie! Auntamalie! Pretend you're the mommy pony and we're the baby ponies! 'Mommyyyy, can we go to the park??'" My response: "Of course we can go to the park! As soon as you  make your beds."

Silence.

"Auntamalie. Let's pretend you're the mommy pony and you let us go to the park without making our beds first."

My bad! I love that in those cute little minds of theirs they make their "pretend life" exactly what they want it to be.

Mostly though, I love coming home to a sleeping boy and having him lift his drowsy head when I come in the door. Without his glasses on he can't see five inches out but I still get a, "Hey Hot Stuff!"

Oh how I love him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment