Sunday, February 27, 2011

And he never even wakes up.

On occasion, Levi confuses me with his pillow. Which is understandable really, since our "bed" when we go to sleep, looks something like the picture above. It's really just a mess of pillows and blankets and couch cushions and other such nonsense. [Yes, you heard correctly, we sleep on the floor. It's actually quite convenient until we get the master bedroom set up with room for a bed.] The floor is usually where most of the bedding "stuff" ends up by the time we wake up anyway, which I guess would explain why Levi has to resort to the next best thing after his pillow. Which I'm proud to say, is apparently me. [Do I get a medal for that or something?] It's only on occasion, and it doesn't last too terribly long, but every so often, I wake up to something nuzzling up to the side of my arm. Then, when I'm lucid enough to realize it's Levi's head, I just lay there and watch him - sound asleep, of course - reach his arm up, lay it over me to cover the crack between arm + side of self, then he scoots his head over the little bridge he just created and lands it perfectly on my stomach [proof I need to start working out better if he thinks that my abs are soft and squishy enough to be considered proper cushion for that melon of his]. He curls up horizontal on our "mess" and sleeps there quite soundly for a good five to ten minutes. At which point I start failing in my attempt to breathe with my chest and my diaphragm [probably] starts making him sea sick moving his head up and down...and up...and down like that. Eventually, he rolls himself right off of me and proceeds to the next mass of well, anything he can find to support his never waking head. In the morning, he's none the wiser.

I love this entire process quite completely. I think if I had to choose a second life, I would choose to be that boy's pillow.

And that, is the honest to goodness truth.
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2388152/the-26-percent?claim=q2srw33rsng">Follow my blog with bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment