Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our sick day turned into a sick week.

Sorry? We're just finally starting to feel ourselves again. Can I get a BIG hallelujah??

Huh.

All this time, and I STILL can not spell that word on the first try [hall-lay-loo-ya]. Thank goodness for spell check.

Despite our current predicament [of being ill], we've stayed fairly busy [ten points to the first person to guess why such a simple "cold" has lasted this long...]. Levi's been working some more on our patio which has turned into a [possibly ten year] project. And we turned last night into a lovely little impromptu date night. We ate at Pei Wei, [where I got the Mandarin Kung Pao chicken and may or may not have cried a little at the way it filled my mouth with deliciousness] and then we went and walked around the Barnes and Noble where we went on one of our first dates to [three years ago]. In retrospect, I probably should've gotten a picture of us reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid which is what we read there together three years ago, but you know that part in Singing in the Rain where they're watching the first talking motion picture and the voices get all off so the dude is saying "No no no!" in a squeaky high pitched girl voice and the girl is shaking her head "Yes yes yes!" in a lovely deep masculine voice? My brain and my body are working a little like those two at the moment. Not exactly all together yet so, I didn't think about it until now. Next time, next time. Anyway. As we were sitting in Pei Wei, we looked around at the all the other little couples in the restaurant enjoying their food together and we started analyzing them. We tried to figure out which were on first dates, which had been together a long time, which had been friends for a while and were finally trying to bump it up to dating...oh we had them all figured out. Then somehow our focuses started zeroing in on ourselves. We started wondering what people thought about us sitting there, and what the people in Seattle thought watching us that first week we were there. We decided that there hasn't been a single time in the history of our relationship where we actually looked like first date material.

I won't use the "love at first sight" card, and I won't even claim to have really fallen in love with him that first week, but there was a moment right after he picked me up where we realized we had left my phone and his map back at my parents house, when we went back to get them, he told me he'd just run in and grab them real quick, so I didn't have to get out of the truck. Watching him run in for me, I knew right then and there that I could definitely, fall in love, with Levi Chell Roberts.

I was right. And by the time we even got to the first place anyone would have seen us together to analyze us, we would've looked like newlyweds.
The note we left at our hotel after that first night.
Then last night, there we were. Sitting on the same side of the table [to make cuddling a little easier, of course], eating off of each others plates, getting each other to-go boxes and drinks, and laughing at each others dumb jokes.

It's not that we don't have our moments, it's just that today, in particular, I'm grateful to have found someone who is as dedicated as I am to never losing that giddy, young love spirit. I will love that boy out loud until the day I die.

[Negative 15 points to everyone who had to sing, "I'll spill my heart for you..." after that sentence. But positive 20 points for that being a dang good song!]

No comments:

Post a Comment