Monday, February 21, 2011

The better story.

It's just more exciting this way. I mean I could say that I would've discovered it anyway. I could tell you that it would have caught on no matter what.

I mean really. I love creative photography. LOVE it. And I know I haven't been doing a ton of it, as of late, but I want to, and I LOVE it. [Did I say that yet?] I just mean, that I could tell you, quite easily, that I picked up the camera all by myself and started snapping away. OR.

I could tell you my story. Which really, is the real story anyway.

You be the judge.

Time to back up again. Three years ago [but really we're going on four now]. It's him and me. We're just talking. Like we did. All the time. In fact probably, it was one of those times when I texted him and he [just a little slower on the whole texting scene than I was] called me back within minutes to talk about the "Hey!" I had just texted him. We started talking about people and life and inspiration and all that jazz, and he asked if I had heard of Elsie. At the time, to him, just someone his sister told him about doing a cool thing called "Project 365". I had, of course [hasn't everyone?]. After flipping through some of her pictures the boy said,

"I think we should do it together."

And it all started. We took pictures everyday. I would post, and he would post, and we would comment, and we would text, and we would go on photo shoots together [all of which were a bust because the girl was too nervous to aim a camera at herself in front of him anyway], but it was fun! It was fun and inspiring. And I was hooked. I get that some people might call it "stretching" it a little, but I'm not kidding people. I honestly, one hundred percent BLAME THE BOY. I'm just not sure I ever would have really gotten into it the way I did if it weren't for him.

Really I just believe in giving credit where credit is due. I'm just fairly certain that there's not a single greater thing in the world than having someone in your life who inspires you so fully!

Here's to pictures on top of pictures that I get to take with youuuuu, for years to come. Thanks, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment