Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A bold faced lie. Sorta.

That's right, people. I caught Levi in the midst of a bold faced lie yesterday. I had just gotten home from work when it happened. Here's some background. The last couple days I've been a little experimental in the mornings. Trying to see just how quietly I can get a bowl of cereal. I've been conducting said research, because waking Levi up is one of my least favorite things in the world to do, and since we currently sleep in the living room [right next to the kitchen] if I can't do it near-silently, I'll probably stick to the granola bar route. Yesterday, was day one of the experiment, and by the time I had the bowl on the counter Levi was feeling his way to the bathroom. Mission 001: FAIL. Throughout the day I occasionally envisioned rubber bottomed bowls and fur lined silverware to prevent the noise thereof, but mostly I just tried to convince myself that "maybe he was just already awake..." Coincidental timing. Right. It seemed unlikely, but just to make sure I had collected every last piece of data I possibly could, I thought I'd ask the subject himself.

"Hey did I wake you up this morning?"

With a bold face and a tone just a little too nice, "Of course not!"

I look at him with a skeptic eye.

With a little less boldness and a little more chagrined half smile, "Well..."

I saw it right away. He went on to cover up with some sorry excuse about how "he just didn't have his earplugs in yet..." so really it was "his fault anyway" so it's not like "I actually was the one to wake him" so technically the "answer really was no". Uh huh. Nice try, babe. You might as well be invisible because I just saw right through you.

I'd like to be able to tell you that I stuck to my guns and stood strong for all lovers of honesty. That I tackled him to the ground and while pinned made him look me in the eye and tell me straight up just how fully it was I, that woke him.
Unfortunately.
I would then be committing the same crime as he.
Because in all actuality, I'm kind of a sucker for his sweetness.
Somehow, I may have possibly gotten a little caught up in the fact that he wanted so surely to make certain that I didn't feel bad about something that he was willing to suck up his momentary surfacing from the world of slumber and put it all on himself rather than admit to me that I did it. Maybe this lack of honesty is really just all another form of him showing his altruistic ways. Either way, I'm [really not that] sorry to admit that I will still rush home to him today excited to be with that boy all night long, and when I ask him if this morning's experimental bowl of cereal was any less of a wake up call, if he says he didn't budge a single inch, I'll probably just believe him.

I want to go to Lowe's tonight to look at colors for our bedroom [which Levi gave me full designers reign for]. I'm thinking mustard yellow, because I think it'll be fun to throw bright accents on a wall like that. It's a busy work week for Levi but I think I'll make him come with me because I'm just not sure I can do something like that without his opinion! I'm also not sure the Lowe's people would be as nice to me without him.Other than that we'll probably take it easy, we have a stack of movies we need to watch and maybe [since we're super off Criminal Minds for a while after the dreams I had last night, so much for hoping for a dreamless sleep] we'll watch one of those on one of his breaks.We'll see. Nothing big planned. Nothing special. It's just a Tuesday and Tuesday's are really just kind of, there. Mostly, I'll just enjoy being home with him. You know, the norm!

No comments:

Post a Comment