Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sleep deprived optimism.

I don't mind when Levi's on the flop. [Definition. THE FLOP: N. The exact opposite of any seemingly normal human beings sleep schedule.]
In fact, I quite like it sometimes. Not that I don't crazy miss sleeping next to hm, and not that I don't crazy love hearing him breathing if I wake up in the middle of the night and not that I don't totally dread going to bed if he's still awake cause I'd rather be hanging out with him...but still. There are definitely things about the flop, that I could get seriously used to. When he's on the flop, the boy can't help but walk me out to the truck as I leave for work. This morning, for example, he forgot his shoes upstairs and just had his socks on. I told him not to worry about it, that I was a big girl and could walk out to the truck all by myself. He hesitantly agreed... so I kissed him and hugged him and set off into the cold. It lasted about ten steps. Then I heard the door re-open behind me and out he follows, no jacket, no shoes, rushing to catch up to me. He had to have been freezing but he just couldn't help getting my door and waving me off. I love that. He was even having a super busy morning and something on his computer was giving him trouble. It means a lot to me that he still takes the time to walk me out, even when things are going on. The day always seems just that much less daunting when I have that physical representation that I'm not facing it alone. [Not that I'm like, you know, Nikita. But still. The world in general is really a pretty daunting place.] I think it's the same for him too, because of the next thing I love about the flop. Levi's not a real needy person usually, but when he's tired? He get's just a little needier. It results in cute texts like this one [ten minutes after I drove away].

"So I like really  miss u already. I wish I had that morning to do over cuz I didn't spend enough time with u to hold me over till u get home :("

There's other things too, like getting to spend as much time as I want with him in the evenings, getting to have my morning cereal as loud as I want to, getting to go upstairs and get a dose of comfort from him if I wake up scared. [I know, I'm 21 and am still occasionally afraid of the dark. Don't be judgy. It's not pathetic it's just...me.] 

He's told me before that when I moved in that was probably his main concern, finding out how I'd work with his schedule and I think that was one of the very first questions ninety percent of his family asked me, too. But I don't know why he worried. I get to be with him either way, and that is good enough for me. There's always going to be something that could get in the way of us being madly and happily in love. I'm glad we don't let something as small as a sleep schedule be one of them. 

Another busy night ahead of that boy, and if he does get a break I think he may want to go get curtain rods finally. We're also desperately in need of a Wal-Mart trip, but we'll see if that happens. It's finally Friday tomorrow which is grocery day for me so I'll probably just wait it out. Yes, probably even if that means we're going on tuna and sun chips for night number three this week! Hey, at least I'm getting my protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment