Friday, January 28, 2011

Just another day in paradise!

I almost labeled this post "TGIF" but then I realized that I'm not sure why. I feel like that should be used when the week's been a rough one, this one just wasn't! Yesterday the boi was doing [who knows what] and it was making me smile - big. He looked over and said, "Aw, that's my face. Your cheeks are all high. I haven't seen that face for a while. I must not be doing my job." The boi first mentioned "the face" in Seattle. Apparently when it comes out it means pure joy and he loves it. I [naturally] looked in the mirror to see what he was talking about. Smeared eye make up, blotchy cheeks, and under-eye circles that could give Yzma a run for her money. Huh. I'm not sure I'll ever know what he's talking about.

Anyways the point to telling you that [Yep - the girl actually has a point this time!] was to further clarify just how good this week really was! Which makes this a perfect day for a good ol' fashion game of...

Good, Better and Best!

Good: Eating healthy.
Better: The discovery of yogurt + granola. Healthy AND yummy. Say whaaaaa!
Best: Getting to eat that yummy healthiness while listening to the boi sleep right below me.

Good: Date night with the boi.
Better: FREE date night with the boi!
Best: Having that date night bring to pass such splendid results - like easy dinners. NOT a bad dealio!

Good: Picking up a couple extra hours at work.
Better: Having the kids be in such amazing moods for those few extra hours.
Best: Getting to come home to a boi who missed me just a little extra because of it!

Good: Getting lots of talk time with the boi.
Better: Talking about plans for our home and finally making a final decision on our bedroom!
Best: Those plans being PERFECT and exactly what both of us want.

Good: A clean house.
Better: Only actually having to really clean the kitchen twice because we kept our dishes rinsed [Ten points for no rotting-in-the-sink smell!].
Best: Having the boi be on a cleaning streak so I didn't even have to worry about the rest of the house.

Good: Weather's warming up.
Better: Weather warming up to almost run-in-able temperatures!
Best: Boi being excited because warmer temps means he gets to ride his bike next to me while I do said running!

Good: Weather still chilly enough to start every day with hot chocolate.
Better: The discovery of the best hot chocolate ever invented - NESTLE. Try it. With milk. Uh-Mazing.
Best: Not feeling guilty about said hot chocolate because of the yogurt and granola factor. Hey. We all gotta justify in our own personal ways.

Good: We're still in love.
Better: We grew closer this week.
Best: Growing closer means falling a little harder in love. The best of the best is knowing it ain't ever gonna stop.

You know that level of tired where you're eyes start to cross just from trying so hard to focus, and even if you're mind is going a mile a minute...you can't see straight enough for any of it to come out in complete thoughts? That's me right now. [Which means the red squiggly lines are blending in with the black text and just making everything look a weird shade of pink so if there's a ridiculous amount of typos in this entry...that's because a cyclops is typing it.]

Oh, before I go we tried the Pasta Florentine from Dinner A'Fare yesterday! It looked super classy and it was yummy for sure.

[PS: Don't mind our Christmas hot pads and don't ever try to say we're not festive.]


Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps tonight [when we wake up]! Hope they're as good as they sound. For breakfast. Whatev.

Tip of the day: If your uncooked bacon is starting to magically brown on the edges just by sitting in the fridge...probably don't eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment