Monday, January 3, 2011

Maybe Linus had it right.


Back to the ol' grind today.
I'm not exactly complaining.
New year and all.
It's like a fresh start. Which is good.
I won't lie though.
I miss the boy!

I miss him because yesterday he said things like, "Hurry home, tomorrow."
I miss him because yesterday I was madly in love with him and I woke up this morning and still am!

Funny, that keeps happening.

I am also aware that to some it may be quite humorous as well, that I can go an entire [three week long] vacation at home, with the boy non-stop, and yet still miss him the minute I leave. Yep. I'm not denying it. I've got it bad, people. When I got home today I pulled into the drive, and the garage started rolling itself up and I sat in the truck as anxious as I was the day he came and kidnapped me from Utah. [Do I really need to tell you? Pretty sure I peed my pants at least three times. If that gives you any idea of the kind of anxiety this girl was experiencing. Oh, and that was before he called to tell me he took a wrong turn five minutes away from my house and had to backtrack. I won't even TRY to explain THOSE five minutes.] I didn't quite pee my pants today, it was just pure excitement! I didn't have anything specific to tell him, I didn't need anything from him, I just wanted to BE with him. Just to feel his presence.

My grandpa's in the hospital right now, on the mend from the removal of a brain tumor. Needless to say, my phone battery, which was full this morning, was practically dead by mid-day just from checking for updates. Today while he was in the actual surgery, I was sitting there watching my cute little one year old's run around with their "nigh-nighs" or blankets. I teased them a little for having to have them with them all the time, and then Levi texted me. Something optimistic about how glad he was they got Grandpa in so quickly and how he was sure it would go fine. Then he asked about my day. As I read the text, my attitude changed. I wasn't so anxious, anymore. I was calm, and all the sudden felt like I could handle it no matter what happened.

I looked at my kids again, holding tight to their nigh-nighs. Then I looked down again at my white knuckles clutching my phone. Then I laughed. I promised the kids I would never tease them about it again, because I realized in that moment, that Levi is my nigh-nigh.

His belief in me instills my own. I swear with that boy by my side, I can do anything.
Even get through the first Monday of the new year.

We got bricks today. We got an entire pallet of bricks and unloaded them into the garage. Which means...it's patio finishing time! Hoorah! We also watched an [unfortunate] and [disgusting] Criminal Minds and I decided I'm quite done with that show for a while. Bring on the nightmares. Fortunately, the boy is good at taking my mind off of things like that and I'm now completely convinced that the girl is actually still alive and happily at home with her husband, a few million dollars richer because she acted in a Criminal Minds episode. Yes, I forget sometimes that it's a TV show. Anyways. Now it's off to bed. With the light on...hopin' for a dreamless night and so glad Levi is oh, so close!

1 comment:

  1. Hate to bring up the subject of Criminal Minds, but you guys did get me hooked. Which epeisode was it???If you can talk about it..if not I understand. I know there are some very intense episodes.

    ReplyDelete