Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's the capitol of...!

Have you ever played the capitol game?
Wait, no. Better question.
When was the last time you played the capitol game?
[Because I'm pretty sure in order to pass fifth grade you have to. And if you didn't pass fifth grade, then I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be reading this anyway.]
For me?
Last night.
Pretty much all night.
With the boi and friend Whitson. [We're an exciting bunch, we are.]
I do believe that if we were to all three take a geography test right now, grading would go as follows:
Whitson - A
Levi - A
Amalie - F+

[And yes, I only gave myself a + sign for the sake of my girlishly tender self confidence levels.]
I knew Arizona. Oh, and Nebraska. [I was born there.] My guess for North Dakota? New Guinea. Apparently I was a few miles off. [Although I think I deserve three solid fist pumps for spelling that right on try number one!] Needless to say, all the embarrassment of junior high geography class came reeling back full speed and made themselves manifest on my suddenly not-so-pale cheeks. I won't be trying that again, anytime soon.

It made me think three things:
1. Thank heavens I will forever more have Levi with me on road trips. Not knowing the [stupid] states [stupid] capitol cities is just a small representation of how thoroughly above average my capability to get lost, really is.
2. I sure am glad that our future children will have their dad to turn to for help on geography homework. I can just see it now, "Mommy, I can't find Virginia on the map." "Okay honey, let me see..." After studying the map for a while... "Virginia, Virginia...did she tell you which continent?"
3. It's about time this girl got her butt back in school.


I rushed home from work today to head off with Levi on a little date night his dad set up for us as a Christmas gift. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. After we got home we decided [for who knows what reason] to watch the Suns game. Depressing much? Then we had some dinner and made some cookies and talked about celery salt. Normally this would only be the start of the night's excitement but this girl is running on [one and a half] hours of sleep and boi says that's just not healthy. And really, I think probably he's right. [IthinkI'mkindastartingtoslur.] G'night y'all.

1 comment:

  1. My dad would quiz us all the time. We even had place mats to help us learn them.

    Great photos. Those aren't, recent are they? You hair looks light.

    ReplyDelete