Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's an undercover kind of love.

I don't remember him leaving last night. Levi laid there next to me while I fell asleep. He was on the computer, checking our fantasy scores and whatnot. [Woah, did you know "whatnot" is a real word? I fully expected a little red line under that one! Who knew?] I think I even remember asking him about how my players scored. But this morning when I woke up to him crawling into bed, I had no idea he had ever been gone.

On the list of things in this life that I LOVE? Not remembering him leaving after I fall asleep? It's at the very top.


It's at the very top because it makes me feel close to him. Even if I am sleeping. Somehow, the fact that he's there even after I've drifted off into unconsciousness makes me feel... just close. It's ironic, really. We spend the night touching up the loft together, walking through Lowe's together, making plans and bouncing ideas off of each other, cuddling, talking, eating. Doing everything that all the critics say "builds the relationship". Which it does, of course. Yet, when all is said and done? It's those quiet, unsung things that he does, the things that no one could ever ask someone to do, the things that no one would ever expect to be the foundation of love, it's those things, that confirm to my heart over and over, time and time again, that that boy is the other half of my soul.

You know that list, that you make as a younger girl, the one of "all the things you want in a boy"? Levi is definitely every one of the things on mine, but honestly [no offense, honey] there are probably a lot of guys out there that are. It's all the things that I never would have thought to put on my list. It's all the things that I didn't even realize I wanted, that Levi is. The little details. The little undercover details. Those are what make him, the one.

I know, I know. I never believed in "The One" either. It's just that when you find someone that makes you as happy as Levi makes me? It kind of gets hard to believe that he wasn't made just for you.

Call me a sucker for love. I'm ain't ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment