Monday, January 17, 2011

Could there be a more perfect reaction?

It's been a lovely weekend! Filled with star-gazing in grassy fields, pointless meanderings through city streets at night, getting lost in snowy mountainsides, and trips to the moon just for an out-of-this-world kiss.

Or maybe we just stayed home and enjoyed each others company, but really it's almost as good [or better!]. Because this weekend was so lovely and was [in all actuality] filled with "I love you's" and "You're beautiful's" I'm not sure why last night I was all the sudden feeling maybe a little bit...hmmm. Needy? I know, I know, shocking indeed, but hey, everybody needs some good ol' fashioned attention every now and again. Anyways I had just gotten ready for bed and was pretty excited for my last night of getting to sleep next to [the most attractive man on the face of this planet] Levi Chell. So I wandered upstairs and found him on his computer setting his Fantasy Team [an attention-requiring feat for sure]. Finding him so consumed by something so vitally important, I quietly put my mature independent side to work and backed out of the room leaving him to finish up his evening in peace. The end.

Wait...FALSE.

Rewind back to the part where I found him setting his team, but this time, insert a couple tiny, quiet little mumbling greetings. "Hey babe..." "Whatcha doin' sweetie..." "How's you're team lookin' lover..." Then follow that up with a [not so quiet and possibly a little squeaky]:


"HONEYYYY!!!"

A rather shocked, and utterly oblivious looking Levi [finally] turns his head slowly in my direction. No words were needed at this point, his face said, "Yes, dear?" quite well enough for me. Unfortunately, the overwhelming response of suddenly having the boi's full and undivided attention on me was just a little too much and it was suddenly quite clear to both parties in the room that I didn't have a single reason for actually getting that attention. Only I couldn't bring myself to admit that to loud, so out came the first thing that came to mind.

"I'm cold."

Afraid of being maybe a little bit in trouble, and worried that I may have kind of thrown off his fantasy groove, and with the [would-be quite understandable] possible silent rejection hanging in the air, I shyly stared at the floor, timidly awaiting whatever completely deserved "go-away" I was about to receive.

Instead, however, he started laughing.

"Could you maybe also be just a little bit needy?" he asked with a smile on his face. To escape the humiliation of the corners of my lips creeping up any further I decided it was time for a good, solid, pathetic sob, to which Levi responded by jumping up and wrapping warmly around me, "Aw, baby, it's okay!" Then, here's the kicker.

"Come sit on my lap and help me set basketball for this week."

I'm pretty sure that settles it.

In case there was a single question left in anybody's mind, it is now official. Levi Roberts is indeed, THE perfect boyfriend. I really don't think there's a single reaction that would have made this girl feel any luckier. I, now fearless, proceeded to "help" as best I could with computer-screen-blocking kisses and too-much-information fun facts about his players and their teams. I'm sure it took five times longer than it would have had I taken the "mature" road and let him do his thing, but the thing is?

I'm just fairly certain he appreciated it. 

Cheers to the three day weekend, the boi is sick and I had to get up early to go with Katie and the kids to see the doctor. I'm glad I did cause three days is just too long to not see those little cuties. The rest of the day will be spent hoping the suns win, possibly painting curtain rods / hanging up curtains, and being [fairly] lazy. Also his sister and her family is in town and we're hoping to see them today or tomorrow! A perfect excuse for an orange chicken night. Happy MLK day! Let's all thank goodness that this plan didn't work out. Go celebrate your freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment