Monday, January 31, 2011

The Sound of His Heart Beating.

Today I turned the corner to our street and there were ambulances and cop cars and cones all over the place.
Lights flashing. Sirens wailing. People crying.
Obviously, whatever had happened was pretty bad. 
In one solid beat my heart jumped itself all the way up to my throat and as I crawled along in the line of detour-bound cars waiting to pass the fire truck blocking the view of the accident, I prayed. Out loud. 
"Please don't be Levi's truck. Please don't be Levi's truck."
...
It wasn't, and even though I rushed home just to make sure, his truck was still parked safely in the driveway and he was inside, healthy as ever. As much as I hate reminders like that, of how much I love this man, I sure do like making sure I'm not taking the sound of his heart beating, for granted.

We promised each other we'd die at the exact same time.
[We may be a little morbid...but it sure does make us feel better.]

I decided that January no longer counts. First months of the year are just no good. I'm too caught up and busy trying to decide what to do with the year to start the year. So from now on, my "years" go from February to...March? [There seems to be a glitch in this plan.] Anyway. If anyone asks, for Levi and I, the year starts now. With this. Picture number one. One of Three Hundred and Sixty Five.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to follow your couples' 365! Love the first shot. It goes perfectly with the post.

    I'm so glad you guys are okay. Whenever stuff like that happens, I always think of the worst case scenario. Life is so precious. I try not to take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete