Sunday, August 14, 2011

The feel of him.


The other day Levi and I were laying on the floor sort of watching TV, sort of just falling asleep and as I drifted off my face fell forward onto his. Just barely. In a forehead to chin kind of a way. 

Let's be real hear, it's not like I haven't rested my face on his countless times before and it's not like either of us would normally have noticed anything any different than usual, but for some reason, in that moment, I suddenly felt him. Only him. The whole rest of the world went white. Nothing existed around me except him. I was suddenly so conscious of the way his breath was slowly and gently teasing my bangs [which were falling out of place in their usual un-tamed way]. I noticed for the first time the little prickles of his [not-so-perfectly] shaven chin. I felt the perfect nook his cheek bone provided for a little head like mine to rest in. 

I don't know how else to explain it other than to just tell you I felt him. I felt all of him. Right there where my face was touching his, I somehow felt every time he's ever told me he loves me. I felt every one of the double takes I catch him sending my direction when he thinks he's being sneaky. I felt every one of his quirks and talents. The emotional way he cares about the people close to him, the quiet way he does everything in his power to make me feel appreciated, the honesty he constantly exerts. I felt the future. Each and every coming year that I wouldn't want to spend with anyone else. Every single moment that I don't want to be without him. I felt it all. Right there. In that little, accidental touch.

I'm not sure why it was so tangible in that specific moment. Maybe I just needed a reminder of the warmth that he fills my life with. Maybe I needed to specifically think about the "feel" that he gives my world. The feeling of stability. Of completeness. Of happiness. It's a feeling I'm not sure now how I ever lived without. 

It's a feeling I hope I never take for granted. I love the feel of him.

1 comment:

  1. baby, tell me how they got that pretty little face on that pretty little frame.... girl ;)

    ReplyDelete