Thursday, August 18, 2011

What is this wet stuff falling out of the sky?

Someone said it was rain, but this is Arizona in the lamest monsoon season of all time...
so I just knows it caint be that!
[PS: Sorry for the low qualityyy picture. Don't have the greatest lens for semi-dark sky shots so you'll have to just trusssttt me when I tell you how GORGEOUS those clouds looked!]

You'll also have to trust me when I tell you I had one of the most intense bike rides home today ever. You know how Arizona tends to have the whole "Haboob" thing going on? [No I did not just make that word up. Google it. I dare you.] Well today was one of them. A minor one, true. But still. One big wall of dust comin' our direction right around five PM when this girl gets off work. I started off on my merry way, excited about the chance of seeing some rain tonight, and then turned out of the neighborhood and looked up straight into the eyes of that ferocious looking brown cloud. [Dramatic much?] Let me tell you. I pedaled fast with a few different things on my mind. Like the fact that I've been looking for a reason to get a new cell phone since mine only works plugged in, and that this was probably a pretty good reason. And like the fact that I'm pretty sure every car that drove by me was feeling pretty sorry for me. Then I started wondering how stupid I would look if I started wearing goggles and coveralls. Then everything else may [or may not] have been muted out by the very long [very loud] stream of four letter words that came next.

Anyway it hit the driveway at the exact same time I did. The neighbor was out and gave me a Do you really think a bike ride in the weather was the best idea? look. So I gave him a very distinct Do you really think that this was just a leisurely ride? kind of a look and he looked away. Then I bolted inside and decided that no matter how fully I love Arizona storms they definitely look better behind a sheet of glass.

The moral of this story is...if you want some extra love from your boyfriend, all you have to do is make him Shoyu Chicken with White Rice and Green Beans on the side. 
Wait.
No.
That's the moral from this story:
Tonight, I made dinner for Levi and me. Recipe he's never had before. First time in a while I've made dinner. You know that saying..."food is the way to a man's heart"? My conclusion? 
It's not a lie, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment