Saturday, November 13, 2010

We're happily ruined.


"You know, you've pretty much ruined me for any other man."

I told Levi this morning as we went on an "adventure" around the backyard.
I had just [jokingly] accused him of not stopping me from [accidentally] smacking my finger on something.
He didn't deny that he had anything to do with it [which he didn't].
There was no way he was going to turn it around and tell me I should have stopped myself [which I should have].

Oh no.
He just apologized and told me he'd be "watchin' me more closely next time".

People just don't get this lucky.

As we were walking inside, I mentioned the [obvious and unfortunate distress] that the Sun Devils aren't playing until 5:30 this evening, but that it was probably okay considering that they're playing Stanford and watching it would really only provide further emotional agony anyway.

To which he responded:
"You know, you've pretty much ruined me for any other girl."


Maybe, just maybe, people DO get this lucky.

Today is Saturday and it's a pretty lazy one. I cleaned the kitchen this morning [I even wiped the counters off which, ask anyone, is a pretty big feat for this girl]. Levi worked most of the morning and then came downstairs where we got distracted with left over no-bakes and "The Negotiator" on TV. Now he's outside working on his yard for a bit while I update my [quiet and uneventful] online life. Oh, and I just gave the mailman a Gatorade because he's the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment