Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trust in love.

Last night I had a headache. Levi got me some ibuprofen [I do NOT understand the "u" in that word - what a weird place for a letter like that] and some water. Then he sat down by me curled up on the couch and watched a basketball game on his laptop [very quietly, bless his heart]. He stayed there until I fell asleep.

Do you know what it's like? Just to have someone there? Even if you're not talking. Even if you're not doing anything "together". When you find the someone that sits with you even while you're [basically] asleep, just to be with you. That's when you know. Those are the kinds of moments that knock down those protective walls we all put up to guard ourselves. Those are the kind of moments, that force you to trust in love.

Those, and moments like these:
"How are your Cheerios?" I asked Levi, as he finished off the last few bites in his bowl.
He opened the box, looked inside and said, "How are you guys?"
Awesome.

We slept in today, per usual for a Saturday. Then commenced in the standard I-don't-want-you-to-go-to-work-yet tickle fight. He won [also per usual] and while he worked I sewed up some pants and a scarf that needed some help. Now he's out working on the patio. At some point if I can drag him away from that we need to go get some milk before Sunday, and I think I might get some chocolate chips for cookies. Craving much?

Oh, and for all you non-believers, here's proof that this girl helps her man with his manllyyyy projects:
 And how cute does he look in safety glasses? GEEZ I love this boy.

1 comment: