Monday, November 22, 2010

Whenever I'm cold.


I'm cold today.
Not quite this cold.
But pretty cold.

Cold enough to be thinking about this anyway.
Levi's favorite thing to do in Seattle is ride the ferry.
As it turns out, this girl actually likes it quite a bit too.
[That's surprising - I don't like water a single bit.]
This particular ferry ride consisted of sprinting up and down the deck trying to stay warm, ignoring the calls to "PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR VEHICLES", laughing as loud as we possibly could because we were the only [idiotic] people who dared the frigid outside, snapping pictures like we were drunk because we were shaking so bad, leaning into the wind, failing to talk through our chattering teeth, and other such nonsense.

Then. There was a moment. A moment when I don't remember feeling the cold at all. As the announcer made the "final call" to get back to the car deck, I ran back towards the door to the stairs. Levi caught me in the middle of it. He picked me up and swung me around. Quickly, at first, then slowly. As the spinning [all but] stopped, he let me down just low enough to be face to face. Then he kissed me. Another perfect kiss. Another perfect moment. Another footing lost as I fell helplessly and deeply in love with this perfect boy.

 It was one of those moments that doesn't happen unless it's written in a script.
Except of course if you're madly and hopelessly in love. Then those moments seem to happen all the time.
Which really is a good thing, because I could use the warmth.

I worked today, and even though the calendar said "Monday" I get to call this beautiful day, Thursday. Tomorrow is my last day at work then I'm off for T-Giving Break. I'm really quite excited. I came home and talked Levi's ear off while he finished up some work of his own. [I'm extra chatty when I get home from work, no one yet has quite figured out why. It's psychological, I'm sure.] Now we're outside doing some paving and enjoying the lovely company of the moths. The first of which Levi named Peter, and is convinced that this friend of his is only sleeping [I'm not so sure]. Then there was The Dark Night. Who chose his own fate when he confused my head as his landing ground. The most recent one didn't live long enough to even get a name.
Yes, we are aware we are sick, sick people. Thanks for the heads up. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment