Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Nobody can go back...

...and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

said Maria Robinson. I don't know who that lady is, but she knew what she was talking about.

Monday, April 19, 2010. The day I made myself a new ending. I may not have known it at the time, but that is exactly what I did. I jumped into a [big, black] truck with a boy I hadn't seen in two [plus] years and we drove to Seattle. Just the two of us, just for fun, just for a [whole entire] week.

How was I to know that boy was the love of my life?

The thing is, that IS the thing. You never DO know. The most random, spontaneous, could have been a disaster but I took the risk anyway, out of the blue choice I've ever made? Also turned out to be the best choice. It changed my whole life. It was a moment. It was a moment that led me to where I'm at now. Spending every day smiling with the only person in the world that my heart beats for.

So this is our life, this is our story.
This is us.

2 comments:

  1. I love your story, and I love that you both took a chance.. You have given me hope "that anyone can start today to make a new ending." I love that quote!! Thank you Amilee for loving Levi and making him so happy. Can't wait to see you both at Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest blog ever. I love it! I love the picture too - everything about it, especially the post-processing. You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete