Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The orange chicken didn't happen last night.


He bought a table saw.
Yesterday.
He went to Lowes to look at brick color for our patio,
and he came home with a table saw.
It happens, when you're Levi Roberts.

Heaven knows I tried to stick to the orange chicken plan. I think I stayed inside for an entire minute and a half after he showed it to me [bubbling with manly excitement the entire time] before rushing to the garage and making sure I hadn't mi
ssed out on helping him set it up. It's funny that once upon a time, I thought it was "normal" to not do those kinds of thing together. Now I wouldn't miss it for the world [or even for a batch of orange chicken].

I know some people think it's pathetic and unnecessary, I probably would have agreed before Levi and I became, well, Levi and I. But when you become each others go-to person, when you know you can turn to them for everything [even stuff like setting up a new table saw] life
becomes that much more enjoyable.

I know I'm supposed to be telling a story, so I promise not every post will solely be a shout out to the man I love, but can I have just a minute? I'll talk fast.

Levi Chell you stop my heart. You literally, stop my heart. Yesterday you hugged me, and my knees almost buckled. From a hug! Just because it's you! I feel like you see me. I feel like you see a me that no one ever has. I feel like only you will ever see the complete me because I'm only complete, with you. Remember the lake? Remember when we were sitting face to face on the jet ski and you kissed me and I just blurted out "I love you" because I couldn't even control it from escaping my lips? It's been 6 months from that and I still can't hold it in. I want to shout it on the roof tops. I want to climb Mt. Everest and post a flag that says I'm madly in love with you. And if I went to the moon, I'd write the same thing in the sand.

I love coming home to table saws. To table saws, and to ceiling fans, and to paint chips and new trees. I love it because it means you'll get that little boy I-just-wrote-"I love Mommy"-on-the-living-room-wall look on your face and ask me to help you and babe? The answer will always be yes. It'll always be yes because I want you to always be able to get excited about the things that make you happy to me. I never want to lose the privilege of being the one you turn to when you're upset, or sad, or sick, but especially when you're happy. I am such a lucky girl because of you. I. Love. You.



Was I under a minute? Thanks for indulging! I did however, get the marinade made last night so orange chicken tonight is a must. I also have been putting off for too long and really need to go get a pair of jeans or two. I'm the kind that picks a favorite and wears 'em out but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Jeans with holes in Seattle in November? I think not. Levi had a lot of work to get done today, but I'm sure he kicked butt on it this morning so we could [hopefully] get started on our patio and put that new table saw to work as soon as this girl gets home! Yeeeehaw!

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture. Love your writing too, Amamlie. I'm so glad you guys are together and so happy.

    ReplyDelete