Sunday, December 12, 2010

Can't blame the girl for being excited.

I realized something Friday night at our friend's party, when someone asked me at one point "who the boy was that I was all cuddled up on". 

I feel it's only best if I give the world a proper warning.

WARNING.

ASKING QUESTIONS SUCH AS THESE MAY
MERIT AN OVERWHELMING RESPONSE. ENTERING SAID VERBAL AGREEMENT MAY SUBJECT YOU TO SAPPY HOUR LONG BABBLING RAMBLINGS ABOUT THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT GIVE A [FLYING TURD] ABOUT.

I talk when I get excited. As it turns out, Levi happens to be one subject that get's me not just excited, but ecstatic.
I swear people, I was like the Engergizer Bunny. It was like he [the poor, innocent, unknowing bystander] switched a flip on and I just could not stop.

I went three years back. When we were just friends. We hung out. We got distracted. We lost contact for a while. I proceeded to nine months ago when he emailed me concerned and I responded eagerly [giving the now-head-bobbing boy several examples of Levi's empathetic nature showing through in his messages of course]. After emailing, I told him about Seattle, all the way to when I moved to Arizona where we fell madly in love [sharing mushy-gushy details all the way].

I told him everything and not until the very end did it occur to me he was probably only looking for that four word response.
"Levi, he's my boyfriend."
And done.

I suppose it just seemed to me that a subject like Levi Chell deserved a proper explanation. Merely vocalizing our obvious state in relationship didn't seem nearly enough to cover what Levi is to me! It just didn't seem to give justice to how he's half of every breath I take. It didn't seem to cover that he's my blanket when I'm cold and my safety when I'm scared. I didn't know how to NOT tell anyone who asked that he's the reason I trust the sun to rise and my purpose to putting one foot in front of the other day after day. I just couldn't keep it all inside.

I'm sure that [poor] guy didn't know what he was getting into, and I [almost] feel bad for renting out his ears for way past check-out time, but the fact is?

That's just what ya get. If you didn't know, I'm telling you now. I could talk about Levi and I's story for hours. I could talk about Levi for hours. I am FOREVER finding new things that I love about that boy that I want to just shout out to the world! I learn things with him everyday, I get excited with him everyday, I fall a little harder everyday, and that means my bucket gets a little fuller everyday. My bucket is only so big people! It's overflowing into every niche and corner it can possibly get into so you're gonna have to trust me on this.

You just DON'T want to ask, unless you have some time to listen. Cause you just can't blame this girl for being excited.

This weekend has been [slightly] insane. We randomly decided on a color for some of the upstairs yesterday and went down to Lowes to get the paint within 5 minutes of closing time! I'm not going to lie I get a little crazy about things like that so I've been going at it ever since. Levi [when he's not making me feel on top of the world just for painting a couple walls] has had a really busy weekend in work. We also [CONFESSION] went and got Costa Vida again last night. It was amazing. Now we're going to wind down for the day by watching some football, but I'm not sure how long I'll last...our schedule is all flopped and it is very much this girls bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment