Monday, December 6, 2010

My pause button.

I was a lot more blond then, [physically AND mentally]. More blond, maybe a half an inch shorter, I was probably wearing [super flared] Big Stars and my over-sized aerobics club hoodie. Oh, and Vans of course [but then that's really not any different from today]. If I remember right Levi was pretty much the same, probably had a bit of a neater mohawk than he does now, and he was probably wearing either Abercrombie and Fitch flannel pajama pants with Wal-Mart slippers, or True Religion jeans with leather soled boots, and on this particular night, he was emotionally beat. I had just gotten off the phone with him and was already in my car on the way over to Mesa Frozen Yogurt feeling as lucky as a pot of gold to get the chance to be Levi Roberts dedicated driver for the night [you don't know what the yogurt does to you]. I pulled up next to his already parked truck and took a second for a quick mental picture. Leaning against the passenger side door, one leg bent, arms crossed [and bulging, might I add], he wasn't frowning but he looked tired. Oh I tried for maybe a [whole entire] second to play it cool, but he didn't really give me much of a chance. Before a word was said, he unfolded his arms and pulled me in, wrapping tightly around my waist, leaving me no choice but to give in to my fantasizing mind and hold him back, as closely as I could. I had to stand on my tip toes to keep my arms around his neck, but short of a hungry pack of wolves charging at full speed, there wasn't a thing in the world that would've gotten me to move. In all reality it was probably only a few seconds, but to me?

That hug stopped time.

That was three years ago, and I've never forgotten it, and in fact, there may have possibly been an occasional time or two where I re-lived that hug in my head [over and over and over and over and over...]. Fast forward to this morning. Here I am in all my brunette glory, getting ready to head off to work and in comes Levi. Mental picture. Messy mohawk. Thick rimmed glasses. H&M sweats. Before a word was said, he unfolded his arms and pulled me in, wrapping tightly around my waist, leaving me no choice but to give in to my fantasizing mind and hold him back, as closely as I could. I still have to stand on my tip toes to keep my arms around his neck, but I still wouldn't move for anything, in fact now I don't even think the pack of wolves could loosen my grip.

It's the same boy.
It's the same hug.
It makes my heart pound the exact same way.
It's nice to know that any time I need to pause the world for a few, I know where to turn. 
Right back home. Right back to that hug that stops time.


So I still can't breathe today, and Levi is starting to sniffle too and I'm NOT okay with that. If I've been holding out on kissing that boy for two [freakin] days now for no reason cause he get's it anyway I'm going to be slightly [ridiculously] pissed! Ahem. Anyway. I loved having him awake this morning while I got ready for work. He even ran and got donuts - so adorable. Since I've been home we caught up on our days, watched an incredibly dumb music video [Grenade - Bruno Mars. NOT a fan], checked out our Fantasy Basketball match up cause we're playing each other this week [and I'm so going to smoke him, don't tell him I said that] and we're thinking it sounds like a Costa Vida night. Breathing or not, it's just not a bad Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment