Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Are you a believer?

The difference, I think, is that with him, the bad days are the uncommon ones.

There were so many times after we got back from Seattle the first time that I would wish so hard we had just stayed there. That I would wake up the next morning and Levi and I would have never left. That that week we spent there would just magically become ordinary plain and simple life. That it would never have changed back to "life" as I knew it before. I didn't want to live a "regular" or "ordinary" life. In my head, Seattle was a dream. Not only was it an extended version of the perfect first date, when everything is new and exciting and neither of you can do any wrong, but it was in a new city, full of new sights, new smells, not even the most boring part of the trip, was a let-down. It was unreal to me, this life where you could spend literally every day, smiling. Not only was it unreal - but there was no chance that it COULD be real. People didn't just live smiling like this. I was convinced as soon as I stepped out of the boys truck, it would come to a screeching halt. So I wished it would last forever.

Looking back, I am so everlastingly glad that that wish didn't come true. I don't know when the change happened, but at some point in the last eight months I became so distracted with [who knows what], that I instead began wishing we could stay this us for life. This boring, day to day, routine us. Why?

Possibly because every day when I get home from work Levi takes a break to come talk to me about how my day was. 
Or maybe because any time he gets an idea for the yard or the house, he asks my opinion on it, then let's me help.
Because he always tries the food I cook, and [so far] always tells me how much he loves it.
Because I'm allowed to have bad days, and instead of letting it bring him down too, he lifts me up.
Because he let's me distract him from work and never makes me feel guilty for it.
Because he's patient when I'm reactant, and helps me work through everything I'm feeling.
Because when we wrestle, he sometimes lets me win.

It's because the honest truth is that I love THIS life. Right here. Right now. Exactly as we are. It's because Levi makes that smiling first date, an every day reality. And there hasn't yet been a second that went by where the boy didn't do something else that made me want to relive it over and over and over. I guess when you're lucky enough to find someone who makes you this happy, you have to program yourself to look forward to the future, rather than reminisce the past. You have start believing that every day really will be better than the last, and surprisingly enough, you're never let down! This, might as well be a dream.

Thanks Levi, for making me a believer.

It really doesn't feel like Wednesday, I suppose because we weren't here Monday. My kids are sick sick sick and I'm hoping they're a bit better tomorrow. It's breaking my heart hearing every laugh thwarted by a venomous cough. Seriously, little children should just not be allowed to get sick. Levi and I just barely got done catching up from the day and we're about to get some serious cleaning done. The house is still [ridiculously] out of whack from our vaca and it's driving us both a little cray cray. I know there's a floor under this pile of stuff somewhere... If there's no post tomorrow? Send a search party.

No comments:

Post a Comment