Monday, December 20, 2010

Jealousy.

"Are you replacing me?" I asked Levi sincerely.

You see, I make this pretzel dip - a recipe I learned from my mom. It's really simple but slightly addicting. The other night as we were getting ready to climb into bed, Levi stopped to binge on said pretzel dip and by the time he was done I was already out. The next morning when I became lucid enough to realize what was going on, he was already awake, standing in the kitchen...pretzel dip in hand.

He was, of course, guilty as charged.
I was peeved, as anyone would be upon finding out that their man was now ending and beginning their day elsewhere, but he pleaded well. Claiming retribution for the fact that it was my perty lil' hands that made the dip in question and that the only reason he loved it so was because it came from me. He said that it was a temporary weakness and that it would pass but that his love for me was never ending. He promised that if it bothered me he could put it down and walk away at any given moment. He said he was sorry and that I was the only one in the world he'd want to always have by his side and that the pretzel dip wasn't worth sacrificing that for. I slowly nodded in acknowledgment, but insisted that it wasn't quite enough to let go of the pain he caused. So, in order to further prove his point he swept me off my feet, kissed me adoringly and bought me a pony. At which point I insisted that I had forgiven him long ago and that he just needed to let himself move on and he did and we moved forward on our merry, healthy relationship kind of a way.

Actually, he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, you could've seen it coming."

I sure am glad that that's the extent of jealousy in our relationship.

Gonna try and get some errands run on this beautiful Monday - which we're quite nervous for. Hear it's a zoo out there with all the lovely last minute shoppers. The good thing is that the weather is quite perfect. Oh, and  we get to be together. Love having breaks from work for that reason. Being with Levi all day long...Mmm. I just never get sick of that boy. I think I might make Scotch-a-Roos when we get home if Levi's not too worn out and needs some sleep. I might make some other stuff too. I've put off holiday baking for way too long. Time to have some fun in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment