Thursday, March 3, 2011

Give me sunshine, anyday!

Seriously people, here is something I love more than anything...

The first tan line of the summer! Really is there anything better than getting outside after being bundled up, boxed up, and heated up for months on end? Throwing on shorts and a tank, sitting down somewhere comfy and enjoying the first rays of spring on those pasty legs?

I submit, that there is not.

Boy and I hung pictures yesterday. Has anyone else finished hanging pictures and then thought about possibly adding a big "Disclaimer: We are actually NOT stuck up, full of ourselves, little narcissists. We just don't have anything else to hang pictures of other than ourselves so that is the only thing we will be accepting judgment on at this point in time." sign in the entryway? Might be necessary. [Need to get married and have a baby reason #1.]

Despite the fact that walking through our house feels a little [to us] like walking through a House of Mirrors, it made me a little happily reminiscent. When I moved in back in May, the walls were white, the kitchen was [a little] empty, the yard was mostly dirt. [Don't get me wrong babe, I loved it the minute I saw it.] It was just a little bit...impersonal. Since then, we've painted [and re-painted, and re-painted again], cleaned up, organized, filled shelves and drawers, and now, last night, we hung pictures.

Now, it's home. Our home.

Maybe, JUST maybe that's the only better feeling than the sun.
But it's a CLOSE call.

No comments:

Post a Comment